Consider visiting the Beijing Forbidden City for your next vacation. Some people claim that the Forbidden City in China is one of the places to visit before they die. This is the palace complex located in Central Beijing. The complex that was constructed from 1406 to 1420 now has 980 buildings including the Palace Museum. The complex that has been used as the home for China emperors and their households for almost five hundred years covers seventy-two hectares. In 1987, the Forbidden City was considered one of the World Heritage Sites.
UNESCO has considered the Forbidden City the palace complex with the biggest collections of ancient structures made from woods with great preservation. The Beijing Forbidden City that has been used as the China Government’s political and ceremonial center for hundred years is under the Palace Museum supervision. The Palace Museum has been the home of a lot of artifacts and artwork pieces made during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Before the Chinese Civil War, some valuable collections were moved to the Taipei National Palace Museum which belonged to the same institution with the Palace Museum. After the Civil War of Chinese people, Taipei including the museum split from China Government.
The Construction of the Palace Complex
The construction of the Beijing Forbidden City which employed more than one hundred experts at https://betandbeat.com/ and more than a million laborers took about fourteen years.
- The most important halls of the palace have the pillars made from a kind of precious wood from the jungles of South Western China called Phoebe zhennan. From one emperor to another, there were some corrections and reconstructions to the complex that is why the today’s pillars are seen to have different pieces of pinewoods from the Qing Dynasty.
- The large stone carvings and the grand terraces were made from the stones produced in the quarries located not far from Beijing. There is an interesting story about the largest pieces of stones to build the terrace and carvings. It was not an easy thing to do to carry bigger stones. People dug the land along the way to build wells. In winter, the water from those wells poured the roads forming ice layers. So, people were easier to drag the stones along the iced roads.
- The major halls’ floors were formed by the golden bricks baked with the clay coming from seven Chinas counties. Every batch took about a month to bake and the result was the smooth bricks with metal sound when ringing. The today’s paving interior is original and is six centuries old.
- People excavated the soil to create a moat. The soil piling up to the north was used to create an artificial hill now called the Jingshan Hill.
- Nine months after the moving of Emperor Zhu Di to Beijing in 1420—when the complex was completed, the Throne Room in the main halls was burnt down.
During the invasion of Japan to China, national treasures like artifacts located in the palace complex were moved from the Beijing Forbidden City and split into three lots. One was shipped to Sichuan through Yangtze River, another to Shaanxi, and the last one was shipped to Guangxi. Those three collections were finally gathered in Sichuan until the war ended. Japan only took large brown tubs and pieces of cannon which all were returned after the war. In 1945, all of the artifacts were safely removed to the palace complex and nothing was missing or damaging. In the Chinese Civil War, some of the valuable artifacts were moved to Taipei. They have been in Taipei’s Museum until now.
China is one of the most favorite tourist destinations for most people around the world. As the capital city of China, Beijing also keeps its secret gem such as https://bola88win.com/ to attract tourists. Now, let’s explore the Forbidden City in China.
The biggest royal palace
Did you know that the Forbidden City was built on more than 700,000 square feet? It is three times bigger than the museum of Louvre Palace. It was predicted that there were more than one million workers completed the Forbidden City. You can see over 85 palace courtyards and “quarters, more than 8,000 rooms, and over 970 buildings. This palace is definitely huge. It is the size of the Vatican and the Kremlin merges together. Even though you have a plan to admire the whole complex in three days, it won’t be enough!
The Chinese impressive architecture
If you want to see the collection of medieval structures which the material was wood, you can see them in the Forbidden City. It has the biggest collection of them that are really well-preserved. Many people think that the huge palace will be a boring architecture. But hold on that thought! You can enjoy every amazing detail and ornament you can find in this huge architecture building. Every ornament reflects the amazing culture of Chinese. The examples are the decorations of the doorway in the Forbidden City. The decorations were nine by nine stupendous studs of the gilded door. The meaning behind the number nine reflects the eternity and supremacy in the culture of China. Since China’s symbols of good fortune and prosperity are strong, you can also see lions, dragons, and Phoenix along the ridges’ roof.
No trees in the Outer Court
There are two types of courts in the Forbidden City in Beijing. The first one is the Inner Court. And the second one is the Outer Court. What makes them different? The trees! You can see a lot of trees in the Inner Court meanwhile in the Outer Court there isn’t any. There is no explanation why people can’t see any tree in the Outer Court. But there are two speculations about this the first theory is because the Outer Court used to be the place of public ceremony and the kings’ “power” was shown in this place. That’s why the existence of the trees could overshadow the “magical” atmosphere there. The second theory is to see the enemy clearly to protect the palace.
The Forbidden City in Beijing is surely the-must-visit tourist attraction for you. Are you ready to reveal the mystery there?
When visiting any places including Beijing Forbidden City, you should know about its address, its contact number, how to get there, admission fees, and what to do there http://18.104.22.168. Knowing all of these will make your visiting time efficient.
The address of the Forbidden City and the best way to get there
The palace museum to visit is located on No 4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District 100009 Beijing-China. You can take the bus number 1, 2, 10, 52, 59, 82, 99, 120, 126, 728, Zhuan 1, and Zhuan 2 to go to Tiananmen East, so you should get off at Tian’an men dong Stop. If you take the bus number 1, 5, 10, 22, 52, 99, 728, Zhuan 1, and Zhuan 2 heading to Tiananmen West, you should get off at Tian’an men xi Stop. If you want to Forbidden City by metro subway, just take the Beijing Subway Line 1 heading to the stations Tiananmen West or Tiananmen East.
The Opening Hours
- From April 1 to October 31, the Palace Museum opens from Tuesdays to Sundays, at 08.30 am and closes at 17 pm. During China’s public holidays, July, and August, the museum opens.
- From November 1 to March 31, the Palace Museum opens from Tuesdays to Sundays, at 08.30 and closes at 16.30 pm. During China’s public holidays, the museum opens.
The Admission Fees
- From November 1 to March 31, adults have to pay 40 Yuan.
- From April 1 to October 31, adults have to pay 60 Yuan.
- Children who are below 120 centimeters in height are free to enter.
The Treasure Gallery Fee:
- The ticket to enter this place is 10 Yuan
The Clock and Watch Gallery
- The Ticket to enter this gallery is 10 Yuan
- Chinese primary and secondary schools students are to pay only 20 Yuan.
- University students with valid ID card have to pay 20 Yuan.
- Foreign students and students from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, but not included post-graduate and adult education students, are to pay 20 Yuan.
The Things to do
- Prepare yourself to visit the whole palace complex four for hours. To avoid visitors in groups to make crowds, explore the passageways and alleys to enter the palace.
- If you want to enter the Clocks and Watches Gallery, know that the entrance opens at 11 am and at 14 pm. Here you can enjoy the most amazing mechanical clocks collections of the Imperial.
- In summer which is so crowded and hot, you should drink a lot of water. However, on the site, water is very expensive. Prepare water before entering the museum. If you want to avoid the hotness and crowds, just visit the Treasure Gallery located in the inner court.
- Make sure your Passport is in your bag and take the guidebook available at the entrance gate to ease you when browsing the place.
All the information mentioned has to be kept for your own good. It is also a must to gain more knowledge in its website. This article about Beijing Forbidden City is beneficial, right?
Visiting China will not be complete without visiting Beijing Forbidden City. This China imperial palace is considered to be the largest in the world. Well, what can you see there? And what is the best way to visit the imperial palace?
What to See in the Palace
Before visiting the palace, you should know that it consists of 980 buildings. There are also more than 8,700 rooms with a large collection of relics that you can find in the Beijing Forbidden City.
#1. 6 Famous Halls on the Central Line of the Imperial Palace
There are 6 halls located on the central line of the palace that become favorite spots of tourists. They are also considered to be the most important part of the palace that most tour groups choose to visit the halls along with the visit to the imperial garden. Each of the halls is built with a unique design that differs from one to another based on their function. However, the halls are usually full of visitors since they are the most favorite spots. If you want to visit other spots with fewer visitors, here are some places that could be your destination.
- Yangxin Dian (Hall of Mental Cultivation)
This hall was formerly the bedchamber of the Chinese Emperor. The Hall of Mental Cultivation also functioned as the office of the emperor.
- Cining Gong (Palace of Compassion and Tranquility)
This was the place where the emperor’s wives lived. Unlike the kings in Europe, and the Chinese Emperor could have thousands of wives in time.
- Wenyuan Ge (Hall of Literary Profundity)
This hall was formerly used as the royal library. It is the only place in the complex that uses green roofs to cover the building.
- Yanxi Gong (Palace of Prolonging Happiness)
Among all the buildings you can find in the imperial palace, the Yanxi Gong is the only one that comes with a Western-style design from https://daduonline88.com/. This is also called as Crystal Palace that is preserved in its unfinished state.
#2. The Palace’s 5 Main Exhibitions
Palace Museum is a place where millions of artworks include bronzes, calligraphy, paintings, and ceramics are preserved. There are some main exhibitions that you can see in the Beijing Forbidden City like Clocks Gallery, the Treasures Gallery, the Paintings and Calligraphy Gallery, the Porcelain and Ceramics Gallery, and Bronzeware Gallery.
#3. A Hilltop View from Jingshan Park
There is no better place to view the whole complex of Beijing Forbidden City than the Jingshan Park. You can enjoy the integrated and scale of the palace’s Fengshui design as well as the bird’s-eye view.
If you want to enjoy Beijing Forbidden City maximally, be smart enough not to face crowds. Otherwise, you feel exhausted easily and you cannot see the ancient things you want to see. The best time to visit the Forbidden City and the best way to enter and exit are the things you should know well. Here are the things you should pay attention to when visiting the palace complex.
The best hours
First thing first, know that the busiest hours in Forbidden City every day is from 10 am to 13 pm. So, you can come to this place at the opening time or after 14 pm. On weekends, Forbidden City is even more crowded.
The best time to avoid visiting the Forbidden City
After that, make sure you know that the high season of a year starts from April 1 to October 31. From April 26 to May 4, you shouldn’t visit Forbidden City since there will be many crowds everywhere from https://dadupokerqq.com/. You will see a very long waiting line and busy streets. The busiest months are July and August. Those months are when China’s school holidays take place. It is not advisable if you come to Forbidden City on the Golden Week—the early of October since many Chinese people usually have their seven-day holiday. Early of October is when the Chinese National Day takes place. The Chinese Labor Day is also the day you shouldn’t visit Forbidden City, many local tourists together with international tourists surely will fill this palace complex.
The best time to visit the Forbidden City
If you come to Forbidden City from November to March, you will obviously enjoy the place maximally. However, skip the visiting to Forbidden City in the Spring Festival that takes forty days and starts from February to March. Check the exact time for this. In low season, the visitors of the complex are only about forty thousand people per day. Make sure you know that China Government limits the visitors to only eighty thousand visitors per day. During the Golden Week and another peak season, the visitors can reach its limit by the middle of the day.
The best entrance and exit to take
It is suggested that you take the East or the West Gate to enter. Why? Many Chinese people want to take pictures with the photo of Chairman Mao hanging above the Southern Entrance Gate. Just avoid this gate. If you want to exit this palace complex, just take the East Gate. Many people use the Northern gate to go out from this place. The gate will be full of people and buses and you will be crammed among people and buses. If you take the East Gate of Beijing Forbidden City, you will be closer to the subway with rickshaws and taxis to alternate.
If you are in China, you should make an attempt to visit the Beijing Forbidden City. The reason is it is too interesting to miss. Imagine how it is in the place surrounded by ten-meter-high walls and a fifty-two-meter-wide moat. You will see the complex that comprises seventy halls and the palace with 9,999 total rooms. When you enter the palace complex at the Meridian Gate or also called Wu Men and at the Divine Prowess Gate or also called Shenwu Men, you will hear the audio guidance in many different languages. If you need more information about this palace complex, you can go to Jian Ting or the Archery Pavilion.
Every year, more than fourteen million visitors from all over China and other countries come to visit this must-see place. Due to the fact that many people come to the Beijing Forbidden City every day, the China Government works very hard to prevent any forms of harms to this palace complex by keeping the visitors flow constant. More and more people want to visit the Forbidden City since it doesn’t require a visa anymore. If you want to understand and enjoy more of the complex with its history and culture, it is suggested that you hire a tour guide so you’ll be able to avoid crowds while paying attention to the guide bringing the history to life.
Some of tourists attractions in the Palace Complex
- Those who want to see how large it is in the complex, you can go to the artificial hill—the Jingshan Hill, in Jingshan Park. Definitely, you’ll get the view of the whole place.
- The detail of the architecture pieces located in the Beijing Forbidden City is one of the things you should see. This is so outstanding with every detail showing rich China’s traditional culture and architecture.
- The residential inner court is great with so many trees to surround. The ceremonial outer court is with no trees at all. Interesting, don’t you think so? Find this fact when you visit the Beijing Forbidden City.
- The arrays of ancient treasures which are preserved well are there to make you stunned. Many old and beautiful jades and porcelains are there to make you amazed as well. Relics, courtyards, and gardens are to enjoy with amazement.
After you spend time enjoying many attractions there, you will be confused about the fact that it is only sixty percent of the palace complex that you have enjoyed. Forty percent of the complex is forbidden to enter. The complex is now under the overall repair and planned to complete by 2020. By the end of 2018, the Beijing Forbidden City is expected to open to the public about eighty percent.